Thursday, December 10, 2009

beginning

So, the goal of my starting this little blog is to find something beautiful or fun every single day of the year. I was so lucky to go to Paris a few years ago and what I loved about it, was it was beautiful EVERYWHERE. Trash cans, amazing. Water drains, beautiful. I noticed everything and fell in love with the city. When I got back home I realized that there are beautiful and lovely things around me everyday. So this is my goal, to share the beautiful things around me, and encourage you to do the same.

Before I start my daily search, I thought I would post a few of my favorite pictures from the past few years. Here we go...

Paris. I did not stay here but I couldn't help but take a picture. So beautiful.


This is at the Louvre. I love all the windows in the Louvre, it's like overload for the eyes though. You are surrounded by all this amazing art and you look outside and realize you are in Paris. Incredible.


This is at the Musee d'Orsay, the view from the table we had lunch at. I believe I had a blueberry torte for dessert. Heaven.


Poor poor Doug. I made him stay at the Notre Dame forever. Every time I went to put my camera away I would find something else, like this little teeny tiny part of the outside buttresses. Every inch of that place took my breath away.


Did you know the Eiffel Tower was brown?


Outer Banks NC heading to the beach with my nephew Eric. What could be better?


One of my favorite ways to treat myself... a small bunch of flowers.


My crazy, loving, cuddly cat Flicka.


Shoes. I love them.


The view from my bedroom window in spring.


CHIC2009. With the youth group I work with. I LOVE the kids I work with they bring me great great joy.


Splitting a piece of chocolate cake with my nephew Benjamin. Quite the "charmer" isn't he?


A $5 bunch of flowers from the Shaker Square Farmers market. One of the best parts of the neighborhood I live in.


Virgina Beach, Va, Summer 2009. What is it about sitting around a fire that is so calming?


So there's a little history of some of my favorite things from the past few years. Check back each day (hopefully) to see a new image and I hope you find things in your own life to marvel at.

No comments:

Post a Comment